What is ICAN?
ICAN stands for "Ideas for Cooking and Nutrition." ICAN is free, fun, hands-on nutrition education. ICAN is funded by EFNEP and SNAP-Ed and reaches limited-resource audiences in New Mexico.
ICAN Classes Can Help You!
Adults often participate in ICAN as part of a group:
- ISD offices
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) sites
- Local public health offices
- Food Distribution sites such as TEFAP, CSFP or Faith-based organizations that distribute food
- Farmer's Markets that accept EBT
- Other qualifying locations or events
To sign up for a class, contact your local extension office.
ICAN has taught in hundreds of New Mexico schools, preschool through high school. ICAN provides nutrition education to the youth of New Mexico both in classrooms and in after school programs.
To schedule an ICAN youth class, contact your local extension office.