ICAN offers free cooking and healthy lifestyle classes for adults and youth in New Mexico.
Free Virtual Classes:
ICAN Class Sign-Up
Connect with your local ICAN Educator or sign up for the ICAN electronic newsletter using the ICAN Class Sign-Up form.
ICAN County Offices
Want to speak directly to your local ICAN Educator about upcoming classes? Use our ICAN County Offices directory.
ICAN classes can help you...
- Prepare quick and nutritious meals
- Use new cooking skills
- Store and handle food safely
- Save money at the grocery store
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a variety of foods
- Eat more whole grains, vegetables, and fruits
- Choose lower fat foods
- Be more physically active
- Feed your infants and children more easily
ICAN adult classes take place in groups at familiar locations in your community:
- ISD offices
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) sites
- Local public health offices
- Food Distribution sites such as TEFAP, CSFP, or Faith-based organizations that distribute food
- Farmer's Markets that accept EBT
- Other qualifying locations or events
To sign up for a class, contact your local extension office.
ICAN teaches in hundreds of New Mexico's schools, providing nutrition education both in the classroom and through afterschool programs. If you are interested in having ICAN come to your school, contact your local extension office.